SESSION I: THE ELITE DENTAL HYGIENE POWER HOUSE: THE DENTAL HYGIENE CO-DIAGNOSIS
CEBroker COURSE TRACKING NUMBER:20-605787
COST: $75 per participant
CE Credit Units (CEU): 4
This session aims to educate the entire dental team about the importance of co-discovery and the Dental Hygiene Diagnosis of each individual patient’s periodontal health between the Dentist and the Dental Hygienist. Methodologies on how to treat each case will also be discussed.
This session’s goals will be achieved by:
- Highlighting and applying the American Academy of Periodontology and American Dental Association (AAP/ADA) Classification of Periodontal Health, (Types 0, I, II, III, IV, & V).
- Addressing and discussing the importance of gathering and reviewing a complete medical history and vital signs.
- Updated guidelines from the American Heart Association will be incorporated to the discussion in order to make a sound and accurate periodontal diagnosis.
- All known possible systemic links will be evaluated which are conducive to optimum oral and total health.
- Describing the most recently introduced criteria by the American Dental Hygienists Association, (ADHA) to a comprehensive periodontal evaluation will be outlined and discussed. This will include: Periodontal pocket depth recording, bleeding on probing indices, inflammation, loss of bone, mobility, furcation involvement, clinical attachment loss, and gingival recession.
- Periodontal probing calibration, assessment, treatment planning, execution, and evaluation. (A hands-on periodontal probing calibration workshop is included).
Accompanying Course Resources: