SESSION III: THE ELITE DENTAL HYGIENE POWER HOUSE: Nutrition, Holistic Alternatives, and Oral Health
CEBroker COURSE TRACKING NUMBER:20-605791
COST: $75 per participant
CE Credit Units (CEU): 4
This session outlines and discusses the relationship between a diet conducive to sustaining good oral health.
This session’s goals will be achieved by:
- A nutritional inventory as well as all food groups will be addressed to apply to each patient’s pre-treatment interviews and medical history reviews.
- The importance of identifying acid forming and acid neutralizing foods in efforts to educate patients about maintaining higher or neutral “power of Hydrogen” pH levels in the oral cavity will be discussed.
- The role of topical varnish and systemic fluoride and desensitizers will be described.
- A pH measuring stick will be used to determine and demonstrate levels of oral acidity.
- Topical and systemic holistic or natural herbal supplements and alternatives (non-fluoride based) will be introduced as catalysts to maintaining good dental and periodontal health.
- Mercury Free vs Mercury Safe: Views and protocols from the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) –SMART Certification will be introduced.
Accompanying Course Resources: